CORONA VIRUS ADVISORY: COVID-19
COVID-19 update 10-08-2020:
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, IPAM’s programs are currently running online. The IPAM building is closed.
The following IPAM programs have been, or may need to be, modified due to COVID-19:
- The remaining components of the Fall 2020 long program Mathematical Challenges and Opportunities for Autonomous Vehicles will take place exclusively online. This will include: Workshop 2, Workshop 3, Workshop 4, as well as the Culminating workshop.
- All Reunion Conferences scheduled for December 2020 have been postponed. This will impact cohorts of the following programs: Quantitative Linear Algebra, Geometry and Learning from Data in 3D and Beyond, and Science at Extreme Scales: Where Big Data Meets Large-Scale Computing.
- All Winter 2021 workshops will take place on their scheduled dates, either virtually or in a hybrid format.
- Spring 2021 long program Tensor Methods and Emerging Applications to the Physical and Data Sciences is currently expected to be in-person.
- 2021 Graduate Summer School on Post-quantum and Quantum Cryptography and Mathematics of Topological Phases of Matter are expected to take place in-person; please see the Summer Schools web page for more information.
- All Student Research Programs planned for Summer 2021 are expected to take place in-person, including RIPS Los Angeles, RIPS Singapore, G-RIPS Berlin, and G-RIPS Sendai.
We anticipate that all 2021 workshops and programs will have some virtual components, depending on future developments. Program participants should expect to be notified of the specific nature of each program no later than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
The link to the UCLA COVID-19 website is: https://www.bso.ucla.edu/