CORONA VIRUS ADVISORY: COVID-19
COVID-19 update 08-03-2020:
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, IPAM’s programs are currently running online. The IPAM building is closed.
The following IPAM programs have been modified due to COVID-19:
- The start of the Fall 2020 long program Mathematical Challenges and Opportunities for Autonomous Vehicles will take place exclusively online. This will include the Tutorials and Workshop 1.
- At the moment, it is unclear if the Culminating workshop for the Fall long program can take place in Lake Arrowhead, as planned. Same holds true for the Reunion conferences for Quantitative Linear Algebra, Geometry and Learning, and Big Data Meets Large-Scale Computing cohorts.
- The summer school on Mathematics of Topological Phases of Matter is rescheduled for Summer 2021; please see the summer school web page for more information.
- Summer 2020 Student Research Programs:
- RIPS-Singapore has been cancelled with some students transferring to RIPS-Los Angeles.
- G-RIPS-Berlin and G-RIPS Sendai have been cancelled with some students transferring to the new G-RIPS-Los Angeles.
- A combined program for RIPS and G-RIPS Los Angeles took place over the summer in an online format.
Unless otherwise specified, we expect IPAM’s normal operations to resume in Winter 2021. We anticipate that all 2021 workshops and programs will have some virtual components, depending on future developments. Program participants should expect to be notified of the specific nature of each program no later than 30 days prior to the start of the program.
The link to the UCLA COVID-19 website is: https://www.bso.ucla.edu/