IPAM congratulates the Class of 2017 SIAM Fellows!
IPAM congratulates the Class of 2017 SIAM Fellows! Of the 28 members, six are affiliated with IPAM:
- Emmanuel Candès (Stanford)–Science Advisory Board member and organizer for Optimization long program in 2010
- Rama Cont (Imperial)–core participant in Financial Mathematics program long program in 2015 and speaker/organizer for related workshops
- Ricardo Cortez (Tulane)–organizer for Latinos in the Mathematical Sciences Conference 2015 and 2018
- Monique Laurent (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica)–organizer for Optimization long program in 2010
- Igor Mezic (UCSB)–speaker for several IPAM workshops; most recently, a Mathematics of Turbulence workshop in 2014
- Marc Teboulle (Tel Aviv University)–core participant in the Optimization long program in 2010 and speaker for related workshops
According to the SIAM web page, these distinguished members were nominated for their exemplary research as well as outstanding service to the community. These individuals will be recognized for their achievements during the SIAM Annual Meeting, happening July 10-14, 2017 in Pittsburgh, PA.